Who We Are
Hammonds is a part of Tranzit Group, an award-winning, family-owned and operated New Zealand transport company.
We’ve been showcasing Wellington to the world since 1924, and have had a blast meeting people like you along the way. We’ve got awesome morals and one heck of a team, and we’re so thrilled about continuing the Hammonds legacy long into the future.
“A Few Fun Facts”
- We operate our tours in comfortable vehicles. We mainly use small coaches which are more personal and interactive.
- We offer the only multi-lingual commentary (Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese) in Wellington on our City Sights Tours
- On cruise ship days, we often use larger, modern and comfortable coaches with air-conditioning and panoramic windows for our Wellington City Sights and Coastline Tour.
- Our drivers are well-presented, fun and informative. They’re committed to showing you what they’re truly passionate about – Wellington – and in turn have loads of fun along the way.
- Best of all, we provide countless photo opportunities – our city and region are gorgeously photogenic.
- We love to get off the beaten track too. We promise to take you to places you may never have heard of before – what about the fishing village of Ngawi?
- We are Qualmark-endorsed, which means we can guarantee you a fantastically secure product well worth experiencing.
- And we’re very flexible. If you’re keen to customise your own tour to suit your style, give us a call or drop us an email and we’ll sort it out in a heartbeat.
Keen to find out more? Get in touch with us today.CONTACT US
"From the pick up at our hotel (bang on time!) to the drop off in the city centre 3 hours later, we had a wonderful time. Our driver/guide was really knowledgeable and passionate about her city. " - Tripadvisor Member