Who We Are
Hammonds is a part of Tranzit Group, an award-winning, family-owned and operated New Zealand transport company.
We’ve been showcasing Wellington to the world since 1924, and have had a blast meeting people like you along the way. We’ve got awesome morals and one heck of a team, and we’re so thrilled about continuing the Hammonds legacy long into the future.
“A Few Fun Facts”
- We operate our tours in comfortable vehicles. We mainly use small coaches which are more personal and interactive.
- We offer the only multi-lingual commentary (Spanish, Mandarin and Japanese) in Wellington on our City Sights Tours
- On cruise ship days, we often use larger, modern and comfortable coaches with air-conditioning and panoramic windows for our Wellington City Sights and Coastline Tour.
- Our drivers are well-presented, fun and informative. They’re committed to showing you what they’re truly passionate about – Wellington – and in turn have loads of fun along the way.
- Best of all, we provide countless photo opportunities – our city and region are gorgeously photogenic.
- We love to get off the beaten track too. We promise to take you to places you may never have heard of before – what about the fishing village of Ngawi?
- We are Qualmark-endorsed, which means we can guarantee you a fantastically secure product well worth experiencing.
- And we’re very flexible. If you’re keen to customise your own tour to suit your style, give us a call or drop us an email and we’ll sort it out in a heartbeat.
Keen to find out more? Get in touch with us today.CONTACT US
"I highly recommend the wine tour. Whilst in NZ I did take a few wine tours but this was by far the best. The wineries we visited were all excellent and very generous with their tastings. The food throughout the day was fantastic. If you get the chance definitely take this tour. " - Tripadvisor Member